A maven archetype for apache sling cms

Mahsum Demir
Hi,

I think having a Maven archetype which generates a simple sling cms app will be useful. The generated project will include a simple page and a component. The archetype will lessen the time needed to get up and working with the cms and increase the popularity of the cms.

So, what do you think about that?
If you think that is beneficial for the cms too than I would like to implement it.
Also, what is the process of having that project under the Apache name?

Best regards
Mahsum Demir.

Re: A maven archetype for apache sling cms

Robert Munteanu-2
Hi Mahsum,

On Thu, 2019-02-07 at 12:19 +0000, Mahsum Demir wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think having a Maven archetype which generates a simple sling cms
> app will be useful. The generated project will include a simple page
> and a component. The archetype will lessen the time needed to get up
> and working with the cms and increase the popularity of the cms.
>
> So, what do you think about that?
> If you think that is beneficial for the cms too than I would like to
> implement it.

Do you propose that we:

- create an archetype for Sling that results in a basic application OR
- create an archetype for the Sling CMS [1]

?

> Also, what is the process of having that project under the Apache
> name?

Are you asking about contributing this back to Sling? If yes, we are
more than happy to accept your contributions. If this will be a new
module you can send a pull request against the sling whiteboard [2] or
build it in a separate GitHub repository.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-app-cms
[2]: https://github.com/apache/sling-whiteboard/