Apache sling without file system

Nikita
Good day!

Please tell me whether it is possible to teach sling not to save data in the
file system. I want to use only postgresql database to store files

Sent from: http://apache-sling.73963.n3.nabble.com/Sling-Users-f73968.html

Re: Apache sling without file system

Chris Millar
On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 8:33 AM Nikita <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good day!
>
> Please tell me whether it is possible to teach sling not to save data in
> the
> file system. I want to use only postgresql database to store files
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-sling.73963.n3.nabble.com/Sling-Users-f73968.html

If you have a hard requirement for postgres, you will want to look at the
Jackrabbit Persistence page [0] on the Sling site.

If you are more open to any DB, I would probably recommend using MongoDB.
There's a page here [1] for this.

[0]
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/tutorials-how-tos/jackrabbit-persistence.html
[1]
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/nosql-resource-providers.html

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 4:33 PM Nikita <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...Please tell me whether it is possible to teach sling not to save data in the
> file system. I want to use only postgresql database to store files...

As Chris says, Oak can use various databases for its backend storage.

However by default Sling will still need a filesystem for the OSGi
framework state, logs etc.

If this is a problem for you, changing that would require code changes
to the Sling core, or using a virtual filesystem.

-Bertrand