Content ReLoading

Peter Chiochetti
Some time ago I did start to toy around with a sling installation. Now
everything nearly is in place and I would like to try and copy my
environment to another sling instance to testdrive production. Therefore
I want to make a bundle out of it (its all .esp).

Is there a convenient way to capture /content/mycontent/ and
/apps/myapp/ that is suitable for sling (initial) content loading?

This was also a backup strategy, wasnt it? Id really appreciate that
because I lost my repository once to some not intelligible chance.

Thank you for any advise.

peter

Re: Content ReLoading

Bertrand Delacretaz-2-3
Hi Peter,

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Peter Chiochetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...Is there a convenient way to capture /content/mycontent/ and /apps/myapp/
> that is suitable for sling (initial) content loading?...

I don't think there's an immediate way.

I would use a WebDAV mount to copy files to the source code tree of
the bundle that you want to create with initial content.

And, use the .sysview.xml export for things that go beyond files.

The resulting sysview export can be used for initial content loading,
but it will also contain the content of the files mentioned above, so
you will need to filter it (maybe using XSLT). Or use it for the whole
content, but you then lose the convenience of the separate files in
your source code tree.

> ...This was also a backup strategy, wasnt it? Id really appreciate that because
> I lost my repository once to some not intelligible chance....

Backup is more of a Jackrabbit concern, there's
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/BackupTool but I don't know how
current that tool is, you might want to ask on the Jackrabbit users
lists.

Re: Content ReLoading

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Backup is more of a Jackrabbit concern, there's
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/BackupTool but I don't know how
> current that tool is, you might want to ask on the Jackrabbit users
> lists.

See [1] for the latest backup and migration features in Jackrabbit.

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/standalone-server.html#StandaloneServer-Backupandmigration

BR,

Jukka Zitting