How to beginn with Microsling

tunggad
I have read some articles on dev.day.com about mircosling. It is really great web framewok, exactly for a content-centric web app.
But i don't still understand how to beginn now. I have successful builded sling (the whole from trunk) with maven. what modules of whole sling should one need
to have the functionaties of Microsling and how to integrate these with a Jackrabbit Repo.

These articles on dev.day.com show the cool concept of sling and microsling. But newbies need somewhat clear, complete and practical exampls to beginn.
I personally want to integrate microsling + jackrabbit into my Grails web app to ease the access, manage, versioning and event notifications of the contents.
So i really want to know how to beginn with microsling.

Thanks in advance!
Tung Vu

Re: How to beginn with Microsling

Torgeir Veimo

On 5 Sep 2008, at 20:48, tung vu duc wrote:

> But i don't still understand how to beginn now. I have successful
> builded sling (the whole from trunk) with maven. what modules of
> whole sling should one need
> to have the functionaties of Microsling and how to integrate these
> with a Jackrabbit Repo.

You can take the resulting sling war file and put it into any web
container, eg tomcat. It contains the jackrabbit jars, and will
automatically set up a repository, which will be available instantly,
also via webdav. Then you can immediately put content and scripts into
sling using eg curl.

Macintosh-3:sling torgeir$ find . -name "*.war"
./launchpad/testing/target/org.apache.sling.launchpad.testing-4-
incubator-SNAPSHOT.war
./launchpad/webapp/target/org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp-4-
incubator-SNAPSHOT.war

Use the bottom one, and rename it eg. sling.war before adding it to
tomcat. Your sling instance would then be available at http://localhost:8080/sling/

Check eg with http://localhost:8080/sling/system/console/bundles or
try http://localhost:8080/sling/index.html

I guess you've already read http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/discover-sling-in-15-minutes.html
  ?

--
Torgeir Veimo

Re: How to beginn with Microsling

tunggad
super!, it's exactly what i need.

It's so cool how sling resolves the selection of the script to render requested content.

Do you plan to support .GSP und Groovy as scripting engine? I will be looking forward to. :-D

Thanks you very much!

tung vu duc schrieb:
> super!, it's exactly what i need.
>
> It's so cool how sling resolves the selection of the script to render requested content.
>
> Do you plan to support .GSP und Groovy as scripting engine? I will be looking forward to. :-D

We do not have a Groovy Scripting Engine in Sling yet. Adding it should
not be a big issue, though: I assume you would just have to pick up the
Groovy Library and Sun's ScriptEngine implementation for Groovy and
create a bundle for inclusion in Sling.

Problem is, though, that the ScriptEngines from the js223 project of
dev.java.net are not available separately in a maven repository (yet).

If you are able to build such a thing, we would be happy to add it to
the Sling trunk or provide pointers whether to get it.

Never heard about .GSP, is this "Groovy Server Pages" ? If someone more
into the groovy world could help me out here, what would be required to
support this, I would be open to add this, of course.

> Thanks you very much!

nodster
+1 for groovy support.

--

Kind Regards,

Paul Noden

Email [hidden email]
Mobile 07740424905
VOIP 01926678363

Re: How to beginn with Microsling

nodster
Since Michael Marth posted summarising the information, I thought it
would also be useful to collate this information on the list. His post
is here: http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/lotd20080910.html

He references Christian Sprecher's blog post at
http://n1ceone.blogspot.com/2008/09/using-groovy-builders-in-sling.html
And Christian's JIRA issue at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-315?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12576587#action_12576587

Both of which seem very useful, though I've not had the time to try
this out yet...

Paul.