Old website content on Confluence, should we remove it?

Old website content on Confluence, should we remove it?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLINGxSITE/ was used to
generate our website before switching to the Apache CMS.

So it has an outdated version of our content that's useless AFAICS.

Shall we delete that wiki space now? Or just leave a single page that
points to sling.apache.org ?

Re: Old website content on Confluence, should we remove it?

Robert Munteanu-2
On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLINGxSITE/ was used to
> generate our website before switching to the Apache CMS.
>
> So it has an outdated version of our content that's useless AFAICS.

It's useless and also confusing ; users might pick up
outdated/incorrect content.

> Shall we delete that wiki space now? Or just leave a single page that
> points to sling.apache.org ?

+1 for deleting and putting an announcement on the home page of the wiki space.

Re: Old website content on Confluence, should we remove it?

I think the SLINGxSITE always only served as the source for the site. Information there is outdated.

I think we can just drop the space.

> Am 24.11.2014 um 11:27 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLINGxSITE/ was used to
> generate our website before switching to the Apache CMS.
>
> So it has an outdated version of our content that's useless AFAICS.
>
> Shall we delete that wiki space now? Or just leave a single page that
> points to sling.apache.org ?

Re: Old website content on Confluence, should we remove it?

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 10:26 PM, Felix Meschberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...I think we can just drop the space...

Right - there's no simple way to delete all pages anyway, I have
requested deletion in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8714

-Bertrand