[PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy

[PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – this proposal is about context-specific configuration, that means configuration that cannot be stored as OSGi configurations. OSGi configurations ...
On Saturday 04 October 2014 01:53:38 Stefan Seifert wrote: hi Stefan, > this proposal is about context-specific configuration, that means...
RE: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – hello oliver. >what's the status here? Will you move this project to Sling? this is not decided yet, no precise plans yet. this depends i...
p.s. url [1] is wrong - it should be https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/So2uAg -----Original Message----- From: Stefan Seifert [mailto:ssei...
Hi everyone, I guess people yet just had no chance to dig into the proposal since there are a lot of scenarios adressed throught this proposal...
Hi Dominik, Thanks for this link, but I'm still confused about scoping. Looking at http://wcm.io/config/api/usage-api.html, it seems like a Conf...
RE: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – hello justin. as described in [1] we currently took the design decision to have only a flat parameter list, namespacing can and has to be done ...
Re: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – Hi Stefan, Thanks for clarifying. So is it accurate to say that your expectation that the *vast* majority of clients to use a strongly-typed Par...
RE: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – hello justin. yes, this is my expectation for the java code. if you only provide a string-based access to configuration parameter every develop...
Re: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – Hi Stefan, To me, this sounds a bit schizophrenic - you're saying that the preferred way is to use a Parameter object, but that we need to supp...
In general, using typed objects is the preferred way to go, so I think a configuration object should be a type object and return configuration v...
Hi Carsten, I have two concerns with this model: 1) Creating an annotation class can be a bit heavyweight. If I want to just store a common val...
RE: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – >[...] But to my >mind, one of the key targets for this new configuration structure is >scripts. this does not match the experienc...
Re: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@...> wrote: > ...this does not match the experience of our projects. we need t...
RE: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – good idea, i've created a wiki page to collect usecases for "context-specific configuration" and added some we had in our projects in th...
Re: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – Hi Stefan, On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@...> wrote: > ... https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/1ATTAg ...
RE: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – hello Bertrand. >On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@...> >wrote: >> ... https://cwiki.apache.org/co...
Re: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – Hi Stefan, On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@...> wrote: > ...the alternative storing at /conf is already imp...
Hi everyone, just added my comment to the mentioned usecase page at [0]. Please note that the solutions I've extracted that from were partiall...
Am 15.10.14 um 15:40 schrieb Justin Edelson: > Hi Carsten, > I have two concerns with this model: > 1) Creating an annotation class ca...
RE: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – hello carsten. like it! so each application defines one (or multiple) of such configuration annotation classes. the first get on an configurati...
Re: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – Am 15.10.14 um 09:01 schrieb Stefan Seifert: > hello carsten. > > like it! so each application defines one (or multiple) of such >...
RE: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – >> do you have a link where such a concept is defined in context of the >> new DS specification? using the same concept as a (new) ...
Re: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – Am 15.10.14 um 10:56 schrieb Stefan Seifert: > >>> do you have a link where such a concept is defined in context of the >>&g...
RE: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – >However, one downside would be that you don't have hierarchical >configurations or maps - just scalar types and arrays of it. support...
RE: FW: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – hello justin. i understand you concerns and see what you are pointing at. i hit the problem as well at the same time wanting to have single val...
Hi, It looks like a well documented and complete contribution covering non OSGi configuration and dealing with multiple contexts. I think that i...
>> 2) I'm assuming that the lookup key for these configuration objects is >> the class name. IMHO, we need some kind of differentia...
Re: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – Am 17.10.14 um 12:02 schrieb Stefan Seifert: > >>> 2) I'm assuming that the lookup key for these configuration objects is >>...
RE: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – >But what is the preferred way to get a configuration? I would assume >that you get a configuration for a key similar to the pid for OSGi...
Re: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – Am 17.10.14 um 12:26 schrieb Stefan Seifert: > >> But what is the preferred way to get a configuration? I would assume >> that ...
RE: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – hello carsten. >So I think adding an adaptTo method to Configuration might do the trick: > >MyTypedConfig = >resource.adaptTo(C...
I see 3 problems: - allowing to hook in a custom lookup strategy and not defining a clear lookup & content model (too much magic in such th...
RE: [PROPOSAL] Context-specific configuration for Apache Sling, Multitenancy – hello alex. >-----Original Message----- >From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@...] >Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:13 PM...