Pending deletion of maven plugin docs?

When trying to publish the latest version of the site from [1] I get a
large number of deleted files from under content/components/htl-maven-
plugin .

Is that intended? I am going to hold on the publishing for now.

Robert

[1]: https://cms.apache.org/sling/publish?diff=1

Re: Pending deletion of maven plugin docs?

Konrad Windszus
This was already raised in http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@.../msg65399.html.

Subsequently Bertrand opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13644.

> On 13 Mar 2017, at 12:35, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> When trying to publish the latest version of the site from [1] I get a
> large number of deleted files from under content/components/htl-maven-
> plugin .
>
> Is that intended? I am going to hold on the publishing for now.
>
> Robert
>
> [1]: https://cms.apache.org/sling/publish?diff=1

RE: Pending deletion of maven plugin docs?

Stefan Seifert
and the issue is only a "display issue" - the plugin docs are not deleted, you can safely publish changes on the site.
but the publish diff view is unfortunately quite unusable currently.

stefan

Robert Munteanu-2
Thanks Konrad and Stefan for the info. I'll publish my changes and keep
in mind that those deletions will not actually be performed.

Robert

The issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13644 was just updated recently and obviously extpath is behaving differently than expected. The suggested workaround to instead publish to the staging area and still do a final manual publishing. This sounds reasonable to me but I am unsure on how to achieve that.
@Stefan: Would you be willing to look into that? In the best case only the URL needs to be adjusted and the documentation in http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html#appendix-d-deploy-maven-plugin-documentation-if-applicable.

Most probably we just need to adjust the URL from https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/sling/content/components/
to https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/staging/sling/trunk/content/components/

> Am 04.06.2017 um 19:10 schrieb Konrad Windszus <[hidden email]>:
>
> The issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13644 was just updated recently and obviously extpath is behaving differently than expected. The suggested workaround to instead publish to the staging area and still do a final manual publishing. This sounds reasonable to me but I am unsure on how to achieve that.
> @Stefan: Would you be willing to look into that? In the best case only the URL needs to be adjusted and the documentation in http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html#appendix-d-deploy-maven-plugin-documentation-if-applicable.
>
>> Am 13.03.2017 um 12:49 schrieb Stefan Seifert <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> and the issue is only a "display issue" - the plugin docs are not deleted, you can safely publish changes on the site.
>> but the publish diff view is unfortunately quite unusable currently.
>>
>> stefan

yes - i can have a look at it next week

stefan

this worked!

i've changed the distribution URL to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/site/trunk/content/components
and updated the sling release documentation steps [1]

stefan

[1] http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html