Re: Jackrabbit 2.0 support for OSGi/Sling

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jackrabbit 2.0 support for OSGi/Sling

Jason Rose
Hello Felix,

I'm in the research stage of starting development for my next  
application and have been evaluating using Sling.  It looks like  
Jackrabbit 2.0 is nearing an official release, and while doing my  
research, I found this thread concerning your work in updating Sling  
to use Jackrabbit 2.0.  This thread, however, is over a month old now  
and I was wondering if there have been any updates regarding  
Jackrabbit 2.0.  I'm interested in seeing this move forward so I can  
base my next set of applications upon Sling with Jackrabbit 2.0, and  
to accomplish that I'd like to know if there is anything I can do to  
help.

Best regards,
Jason Rose

> Hi Ian,
>
> Ian Boston schrieb:
>>
>> On 4 Dec 2009, at 08:35, Felix Meschberger wrote:
>>
>>>>
>>>> bundles/jcr/jackrabbit-server
>>>>       Embedded Jackrabbit Repository providing Service API to  
>>>> plugin
>>>>       LoginModules as OSGi services.
>>>>   --> Offer to Jackrabbit
>>>
>>> ==> Offer to Jackrabbit, but decide on "how" -- the most important
>>> question is to ensure our extensions and to even go a step further  
>>> and
>>> support Ian's requirement for fully flexible access control plugin  
>>> (not
>>> requiring to extend DefaultAccessManager)
>>
>> If we could achieve that it would be fantastic, and save me lots of  
>> time
>> in the future :), very happy to help.
>
> Excellent ! I will come back as soon as I have sorted out a few  
> things.
>
> Regards
> Felix
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jackrabbit 2.0 support for OSGi/Sling

Felix Meschberger-2
Hi Jason,

On 13.01.2010 01:27, Jason Rose wrote:

> Hello Felix,
>
> I'm in the research stage of starting development for my next
> application and have been evaluating using Sling.  It looks like
> Jackrabbit 2.0 is nearing an official release, and while doing my
> research, I found this thread concerning your work in updating Sling to
> use Jackrabbit 2.0.  This thread, however, is over a month old now and I
> was wondering if there have been any updates regarding Jackrabbit 2.0.
> I'm interested in seeing this move forward so I can base my next set of
> applications upon Sling with Jackrabbit 2.0, and to accomplish that I'd
> like to know if there is anything I can do to help.

Well, I have to admit, that unfortunately, there is nothing much more to
provide, except some ideas.

Seeing that a number of libraries used by Jackrabbit 2 are available as
bundles (Tika, Derby, other Jackarbbit libraries), I think it would be
best to turn Jackrabbit Core itself into a bundle, too, and include our
extensions from the jcr/jackrabbit-server bundle with jackrabbit core.

Currently I have prototype code for the pluggable LoginModule in my
workspace and should be working on the extensible access control
implementation.

Regards
Felix

>
> Best regards,
> Jason Rose
>
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> Ian Boston schrieb:
>>>
>>> On 4 Dec 2009, at 08:35, Felix Meschberger wrote:
>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> bundles/jcr/jackrabbit-server
>>>>>       Embedded Jackrabbit Repository providing Service API to plugin
>>>>>       LoginModules as OSGi services.
>>>>>   --> Offer to Jackrabbit
>>>>
>>>> ==> Offer to Jackrabbit, but decide on "how" -- the most important
>>>> question is to ensure our extensions and to even go a step further and
>>>> support Ian's requirement for fully flexible access control plugin (not
>>>> requiring to extend DefaultAccessManager)
>>>
>>> If we could achieve that it would be fantastic, and save me lots of time
>>> in the future :), very happy to help.
>>
>> Excellent ! I will come back as soon as I have sorted out a few things.
>>
>> Regards
>> Felix
>>
>