Re: JcrResourceResolver#findResources seems to eat exceptions while iterating but not during initialization

Re: JcrResourceResolver#findResources seems to eat exceptions while iterating but not during initialization

Vikas Saurabh
Hi Robert,

First of all sorry for the late response. I'm not subscribed to the list...
I saw your reply only because I polled on the thread in archive (added
myself in cc now hoping that'd get the replies back to me)

On 2018/11/01 13:41:31, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In the end, I can't really say what this catch block is guarding>
> against. Can you add more details regarding which kind of error is>
> being logged?>

The error could theoretically be anything that oak might throw - the case
where I saw the issue was when oak had to read too many nodes to get a
result which matched the query.

My only concern was that there's a difference between behaviour during
iteration v/s during iterator constructor ie if Oak threw an exception even
before first result row can be fetched then sling would not do anything
extra (let the exception pass through). Otoh, if the exception occurs
during subsequent iteration then sling would eat the exception and log a
message.

The other thought that sling shouldn't silently eat an exception during
iteration was just on the lines that it can lead to unexpected behaviour
from caller's pov - but that's a separate concern than what I intended to
discuss in OP.

--Vikas
(sent from mobile)