Replacing jackrabbit oak with other JCR implementation in Sling 10

Replacing jackrabbit oak with other JCR implementation in Sling 10

Manoj
Hi,

We are trying to migrate from sling 6 to sling 10. I wanted to know is it
possible to use sling 10 dependecies without oak or is there a strong
interdependence between sling 10 and oak.
Please suggest what are the possible issues which may come up.

Regards,
Manoj

Sent from: http://apache-sling.73963.n3.nabble.com/Sling-Users-f73968.html

Re: Replacing jackrabbit oak with other JCR implementation in Sling 10

Robert Munteanu-2
Hi Manoj,

On Fri, 2019-02-22 at 08:40 -0700, Manoj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to migrate from sling 6 to sling 10. I wanted to know
> is it
> possible to use sling 10 dependecies without oak or is there a strong
> interdependence between sling 10 and oak.
> Please suggest what are the possible issues which may come up.

The key component here is the Sling/JCR repository integration bundle.
For oak this is org.apache.sling.jcr.oak-server . To go back to
Jackrabbit you would at least need to replace this bundle with
org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.server .

Note however that:

- the jcr.jackrabbit.server bundle has been moved to the attic, which
means that we plan to do no development with it in the future
- Sling is exclusively tested with Oak, we cannot say how well current
versions will work with Oak (although they should)

May I ask why you want to keep using Jackrabbit with recent Sling
versions?