Set repository.home to some other directory

Set repository.home to some other directory

olimination
Hi,

I'm trying to find out how I could set the repository.home option to some
other directory. Where is the recommend place to do this? I use the TarMK.

The idea is to move the repository out of the "application" directory, so
it is possible to just "remove" the whole app and then just referencing the
existing repository.

With the Sling Provisioning Model it is possible to assemble a whole Sling
application by given definition files. Is it then also possible just to use
then an existing repository?

What's your approach?

Thanks for feedbacks!
Oli

Re: Set repository.home to some other directory

Robert Munteanu-2
Hi Oli,

On Tue, 2017-04-11 at 12:07 +0200, olimination wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find out how I could set the repository.home option to
> some
> other directory. Where is the recommend place to do this? I use the
> TarMK.
>
> The idea is to move the repository out of the "application"
> directory, so
> it is possible to just "remove" the whole app and then just
> referencing the
> existing repository.
>
> With the Sling Provisioning Model it is possible to assemble a whole
> Sling
> application by given definition files. Is it then also possible just
> to use
> then an existing repository?

According to

  https://sling.apache.org/documentation/the-sling-engine/the-sling-lau
nchpad.html

you should be able to use the -c argument when running the launchpad
jar, e.g.

  $ java -jar my-sling-app.jar -c /srv/my-sling-app

That would set the sling.home property to /srv/my-sling-app.

Does that help?

Re: Set repository.home to some other directory

olimination
Hi Robert,

no because this argument simply sets the Sling home directory, where then
by default the "repository" directory is created for the Repository. So by
default this is "sling/repository".

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Oli,
>
> On Tue, 2017-04-11 at 12:07 +0200, olimination wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to find out how I could set the repository.home option to
> > some
> > other directory. Where is the recommend place to do this? I use the
> > TarMK.
> >
> > The idea is to move the repository out of the "application"
> > directory, so
> > it is possible to just "remove" the whole app and then just
> > referencing the
> > existing repository.
> >
> > With the Sling Provisioning Model it is possible to assemble a whole
> > Sling
> > application by given definition files. Is it then also possible just
> > to use
> > then an existing repository?
>
> According to
>
>   https://sling.apache.org/documentation/the-sling-engine/the-sling-lau
> nchpad.html
>
> you should be able to use the -c argument when running the launchpad
> jar, e.g.
>
>   $ java -jar my-sling-app.jar -c /srv/my-sling-app
>
> That would set the sling.home property to /srv/my-sling-app.
>
> Does that help?

=======================
(C)olimination.com

Re: Set repository.home to some other directory

Oliver Lietz
On Tuesday 11 April 2017 12:07:51 olimination wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Oli,

> I'm trying to find out how I could set the repository.home option to some
> other directory. Where is the recommend place to do this? I use the TarMK.
>
> The idea is to move the repository out of the "application" directory, so
> it is possible to just "remove" the whole app and then just referencing the
> existing repository.
>
> With the Sling Provisioning Model it is possible to assemble a whole Sling
> application by given definition files. Is it then also possible just to use
> then an existing repository?
>
> What's your approach?

when using Sling Launchpad adjust repository.home and localIndexDir in your
sling.properties file or set it on startup:
-Drepository.home=/path/to/repository

Regards,
O.