Sling JSP Taglib backward compatibily

Zsolt Grigore
Hi,

On a new project we are eager to use the latest Sling Scripting JSP Taglib
bundle. On the target production instances we already have applications
using the "sling" prefix with uri="http://sling.apache.org/taglibs/sling/1.2".
During local tests I had to restart the local instance after the taglib
bundle update but after that both components work fine with the different
URI. So I assume that it is safe to upgrade the taglib bundle so I just
would like to ask for a confirmation.

Is if safe to upgrade the Sling Scripting JSP Taglib on live instances?*

*restarting the instances are managable

Thank you

Regards, Zsolt

Re: Sling JSP Taglib backward compatibily

Yes, we thrive for evolving the JSP Taglib in a backwards compatible way.