Sling w/ oak w/ RDBDocumentStore in production

Sling w/ oak w/ RDBDocumentStore in production

Ioan Eugen Stan
Hello,

I'm evaluating Sling to use as a CMS in our project. I'm targeting Sling
9, but the question is open for any Sling version.

I've managed to build and install a running Sling instance with oak tar
back-end and played a bit with Composum.

We are planning to deploy Sling with the RDBDocumentStore since we don't
have MongoDb experience and I would not like to complicate the
deployment. We also have established procedures on how to backup and
maintain a PostgreSQL database.

How stable is Sling with RDBDocumentStore?

How about with a PostgreSQL back-end?

Any recommendations / things to avoid using the RDBDocumentStore?

If you have some knowledge about these subjects, please share them
because I believe they are valuable for the community.

Thanks,

Ioan Eugen Stan

Re: Sling w/ oak w/ RDBDocumentStore in production

chetan mehrotra
On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 5:50 AM, Ioan Eugen Stan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How stable is Sling with RDBDocumentStore?
>
> How about with a PostgreSQL back-end?

It would be better to post these queries on [hidden email].

> Any recommendations / things to avoid using the RDBDocumentStore?

No such list as of now. However do ensure that binaries are not stored
in Database and you make use of any external DataStore

Chetan Mehrotra

Re: Sling w/ oak w/ RDBDocumentStore in production

Ioan Eugen Stan
Thanks for the advice. I got a reply from jackrabbit users and I will
run some the benchmarks in oak-run to test the deployment.

I believe I can use the numbers from the file based store to have a
baseline to compare against the RDBDocumentStore.

Then I can tweek the database to improve performance.

Regards,