Use only releases on the launchpad

Right after the release is a good time to restart the discussion about
only using releases in the Sling launchpad.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Moving+the+Sling+Laun
chpad+to+use+released+artifacts+only

At the moment we're minimally missing some tooling to make sure that we
can switch to the latest SNAPSHOTS in an existing launchpad so we can
run the tests against unreleased bundles. We have [1] but it's not
reliable yet.

So

1) does anyone think this is not a good time to start the switch?
2) who would like to try their hand and updating the tooling to switch
the launchpad to SNAPSHOT versions?

[1]:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/launchpad/builder/set-
sling-snapshots.sh

Re: Use only releases on the launchpad

Carsten Ziegeler
+1 for switching now and don't allow snapshots in launchpad anymore.

Carsten

Robert Munteanu wrote