[VOTE] Release Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

Karl Pauls
I would like to call a vote on the following release,

Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

We solved 2 issue in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12341306

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1764/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1764 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve these releases:

  [ ] +1 Approve the releases
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

Robert Munteanu-2
On Thu, 2017-08-10 at 11:59 +0200, Karl Pauls wrote:
> Please vote to approve these releases:

The ITs fail for me as they reference a SNAPSHOT bundle version:

src/test/java/org/apache/sling/event/it/AbstractJobHandlingTest.java
250:                mavenBundle("org.apache.sling",
"org.apache.sling.testing.tools", "1.0.17-SNAPSHOT"),

I think we should either revert to 1.0.16 or release 1.0.18 and use
that version in the Event bundle.

Robert

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

Carsten Ziegeler
In reply to this post by Karl Pauls
+1

 

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland
[hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

Karl Pauls
In reply to this post by Robert Munteanu-2
Urgs, good catch!

I fixed it in trunk in r1804666 by using 1.0.16 (which seems to work
as well). Normally, I would say we should cancel this vote - however,
unfortunately, this SNAPSHOT inclusion appears to have been in
previous releases already. Therefore, I think we should keep this vote
going (as we don't make things worse) and keep it fixed in trunk.
WDYT?

regards,

Karl

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2017-08-10 at 11:59 +0200, Karl Pauls wrote:
>> Please vote to approve these releases:
>
> The ITs fail for me as they reference a SNAPSHOT bundle version:
>
> src/test/java/org/apache/sling/event/it/AbstractJobHandlingTest.java
> 250:                mavenBundle("org.apache.sling",
> "org.apache.sling.testing.tools", "1.0.17-SNAPSHOT"),
>
> I think we should either revert to 1.0.16 or release 1.0.18 and use
> that version in the Event bundle.
>
> Robert



--
Karl Pauls
[hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

Robert Munteanu-2
On Thu, 2017-08-10 at 14:35 +0200, Karl Pauls wrote:
> Urgs, good catch!
>
> I fixed it in trunk in r1804666 by using 1.0.16 (which seems to work
> as well). Normally, I would say we should cancel this vote - however,
> unfortunately, this SNAPSHOT inclusion appears to have been in
> previous releases already. Therefore, I think we should keep this
> vote
> going (as we don't make things worse) and keep it fixed in trunk.
> WDYT?

Sounds good to me, no -1 vote on the release.

Robert

>
> regards,
>
> Karl
>
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2017-08-10 at 11:59 +0200, Karl Pauls wrote:
> > > Please vote to approve these releases:
> >
> > The ITs fail for me as they reference a SNAPSHOT bundle version:
> >
> > src/test/java/org/apache/sling/event/it/AbstractJobHandlingTest.jav
> > a
> > 250:                mavenBundle("org.apache.sling",
> > "org.apache.sling.testing.tools", "1.0.17-SNAPSHOT"),
> >
> > I think we should either revert to 1.0.16 or release 1.0.18 and use
> > that version in the Event bundle.
> >
> > Robert
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

Robert Munteanu-2
In reply to this post by Karl Pauls
On Thu, 2017-08-10 at 11:59 +0200, Karl Pauls wrote:
> Please vote to approve these releases:

+1 ( checked signatures ).

Robert
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

klcodanr
+1

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 8:59 AM, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2017-08-10 at 11:59 +0200, Karl Pauls wrote:
> > Please vote to approve these releases:
>
> +1 ( checked signatures ).
>
> Robert
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

Stefan Egli-2
In reply to this post by Karl Pauls
+0

Note that this also releases SLING-6739 for which the original idea was to
increase the version to 4.3.0 to stress that internally it embeds and
re-exports event.api now. But technically I don't see a reason why it
can't be released as 4.2.6 .. just saying. We can adjust fixversion of
SLING-6739 accordingly too.

Cheers,
Stefan

On 10/08/17 11:59, "Karl Pauls" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I would like to call a vote on the following release,
>
>Apache Sling Event 4.2.6
>
>We solved 2 issue in this release:
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12341306
>
>Staging repository:
>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1764/
>
>You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
>signatures:
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>
>Usage:
>sh check_staged_release.sh 1764 /tmp/sling-staging
>
>Please vote to approve these releases:
>
>  [ ] +1 Approve the releases
>  [ ]  0 Don't care
>  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

Karl Pauls
On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Stefan Egli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> +0
>
> Note that this also releases SLING-6739 for which the original idea was to
> increase the version to 4.3.0 to stress that internally it embeds and
> re-exports event.api now. But technically I don't see a reason why it
> can't be released as 4.2.6 .. just saying. We can adjust fixversion of
> SLING-6739 accordingly too.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I should have seen that. Sorry I
missed it (I guess I need a vacation).

Thanks for resolving SLING-6739 - as you say, there isn't really a
need for a minor version increase so solving it this way makes the
most sense.

regards,

Karl

> Cheers,
> Stefan
>
> On 10/08/17 11:59, "Karl Pauls" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>I would like to call a vote on the following release,
>>
>>Apache Sling Event 4.2.6
>>
>>We solved 2 issue in this release:
>>https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12341306
>>
>>Staging repository:
>>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1764/
>>
>>You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
>>signatures:
>>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>>
>>Usage:
>>sh check_staged_release.sh 1764 /tmp/sling-staging
>>
>>Please vote to approve these releases:
>>
>>  [ ] +1 Approve the releases
>>  [ ]  0 Don't care
>>  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
>
>



--
Karl Pauls
[hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Event 4.2.6

Karl Pauls
+1

regards,

Karl

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 12:11 AM, Karl Pauls <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Stefan Egli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> +0
>>
>> Note that this also releases SLING-6739 for which the original idea was to
>> increase the version to 4.3.0 to stress that internally it embeds and
>> re-exports event.api now. But technically I don't see a reason why it
>> can't be released as 4.2.6 .. just saying. We can adjust fixversion of
>> SLING-6739 accordingly too.
>
> Yes, you are absolutely correct. I should have seen that. Sorry I
> missed it (I guess I need a vacation).
>
> Thanks for resolving SLING-6739 - as you say, there isn't really a
> need for a minor version increase so solving it this way makes the
> most sense.
>
> regards,
>
> Karl
>
>> Cheers,
>> Stefan
>>
>> On 10/08/17 11:59, "Karl Pauls" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>>I would like to call a vote on the following release,
>>>
>>>Apache Sling Event 4.2.6
>>>
>>>We solved 2 issue in this release:
>>>https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12341306
>>>
>>>Staging repository:
>>>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1764/
>>>
>>>You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
>>>signatures:
>>>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>>>
>>>Usage:
>>>sh check_staged_release.sh 1764 /tmp/sling-staging
>>>
>>>Please vote to approve these releases:
>>>
>>>  [ ] +1 Approve the releases
>>>  [ ]  0 Don't care
>>>  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Karl Pauls
> [hidden email]



--
Karl Pauls
[hidden email]
Loading...