[VOTE] Release Apache Sling bnd Plugins 0.0.2

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling bnd Plugins 0.0.2

Oliver Lietz
Hi,

We solved 1 issue in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12344864

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-2040

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sling-tooling-release.git;a=blob;f=check_staged_release.sh;hb=HEAD

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 2040 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Regards,
O.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling bnd Plugins 0.0.2

Oliver Lietz
On Monday 21 January 2019 21:36:02 Oliver Lietz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We solved 1 issue in this release:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12344864
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-2040

> signatures:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sling-tooling-release.git;a=blob;f=che
> ck_staged_release.sh;hb=HEAD
>
> Usage:
> sh check_staged_release.sh 2040 /tmp/sling-staging
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
>   [ ] +1 Approve the release
>   [ ]  0 Don't care
>   [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
>
> This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Please cast your vote, both +1 and -1 will be helpful.

Thanks,
O.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling bnd Plugins 0.0.2

Robert Munteanu-2
On Fri, 2019-01-25 at 17:28 +0100, Oliver Lietz wrote:

> On Monday 21 January 2019 21:36:02 Oliver Lietz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We solved 1 issue in this release:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12344864
> >
> > Staging repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-2040
> >
> > You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
> > signatures:
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sling-tooling-release.git;a=blob;f=che
> > ck_staged_release.sh;hb=HEAD
> >
> > Usage:
> > sh check_staged_release.sh 2040 /tmp/sling-staging
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> >   [ ] +1 Approve the release
> >   [ ]  0 Don't care
> >   [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
> >
> > This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Please cast your vote, both +1 and -1 will be helpful.

Hi Olli,

Sorry for getting to this so late.

We typically do a little pre-announce of the project on dev@ so that
people are aware of it and also are able to comment if the
repo/artifact names seem reasonable [1].

Maybe it would help if you introduced this new project first.

Thanks!

Robert

[1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Using+Git+with+Sling

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling bnd Plugins 0.0.2

Konrad Windszus
Also this particular plugin has a longer history, because you first tried to publish it via Felix in the context of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-6019?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel which triggered also a longer discussion. The outcome is not obvious to me, but from a high level it seems that the header is actually correct and should not be removed, it only needs to be removed from Karaf. But IIUC the newest Karaf has introduced a config option to be able to deal with that header correctly as well. Also I still think if the plugin is valuable it rather belongs to bn or Felix but not to Sling.

Maybe you can shed some more light on this.
Thanks,
Konrad