[VOTE] Release Apache Sling bnd Plugins 0.0.2

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling bnd Plugins 0.0.2

Oliver Lietz
Hi,

We solved 1 issue in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12344864

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-2040

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sling-tooling-release.git;a=blob;f=check_staged_release.sh;hb=HEAD

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 2040 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Regards,
O.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling bnd Plugins 0.0.2

Oliver Lietz
On Monday 21 January 2019 21:36:02 Oliver Lietz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We solved 1 issue in this release:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12344864
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-2040

> signatures:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sling-tooling-release.git;a=blob;f=che
> ck_staged_release.sh;hb=HEAD
>
> Usage:
> sh check_staged_release.sh 2040 /tmp/sling-staging
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
>   [ ] +1 Approve the release
>   [ ]  0 Don't care
>   [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
>
> This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Please cast your vote, both +1 and -1 will be helpful.

Thanks,
O.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling bnd Plugins 0.0.2

Robert Munteanu-2
On Fri, 2019-01-25 at 17:28 +0100, Oliver Lietz wrote:

> On Monday 21 January 2019 21:36:02 Oliver Lietz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We solved 1 issue in this release:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12344864
> >
> > Staging repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-2040
> >
> > You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
> > signatures:
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sling-tooling-release.git;a=blob;f=che
> > ck_staged_release.sh;hb=HEAD
> >
> > Usage:
> > sh check_staged_release.sh 2040 /tmp/sling-staging
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> >   [ ] +1 Approve the release
> >   [ ]  0 Don't care
> >   [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
> >
> > This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Please cast your vote, both +1 and -1 will be helpful.

Hi Olli,

Sorry for getting to this so late.

We typically do a little pre-announce of the project on dev@ so that
people are aware of it and also are able to comment if the
repo/artifact names seem reasonable [1].

Maybe it would help if you introduced this new project first.

Thanks!

Robert

[1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Using+Git+with+Sling

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling bnd Plugins 0.0.2

Konrad Windszus
Also this particular plugin has a longer history, because you first tried to publish it via Felix in the context of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-6019?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel which triggered also a longer discussion. The outcome is not obvious to me, but from a high level it seems that the header is actually correct and should not be removed, it only needs to be removed from Karaf. But IIUC the newest Karaf has introduced a config option to be able to deal with that header correctly as well. Also I still think if the plugin is valuable it rather belongs to bn or Felix but not to Sling.

Maybe you can shed some more light on this.
Thanks,
Konrad

On Monday, January 28, 2019 10:48:23 AM CEST Konrad Windszus wrote:

> Also this particular plugin has a longer history, because you first tried to
> publish it via Felix in the context of
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-6019?page=com.atlassian.jira.pl
> ugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel which triggered also a longer
> discussion. The outcome is not obvious to me, but from a high level it
> seems that the header is actually correct and should not be removed, it
> only needs to be removed from Karaf. But IIUC the newest Karaf has
> introduced a config option to be able to deal with that header correctly as
> well. Also I still think if the plugin is valuable it rather belongs to bn
> or Felix but not to Sling.
>
> Maybe you can shed some more light on this.

Canceling this vote. Discussed at adaptTo()/Hackathon. New vote started:
Release Apache Sling bnd Remove Parameters from OSGi Headers Plugin 1.0.0

O.