[VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

[VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Stefan Seifert
since 2012 we try to update our sling logo because we are required to include a "TM" in it (see [1]).

a few weeks ago chris millar contributed a new sling logo with these changes:
1. It uses the new Apache feather
2. The shoulder of the G matches the width of the upper horizontal rule
3. The curves of the lower left corner have been smoothed and matched to the feather and the S.
4. The lower loop of the G has been smoothed out.
5. added "TM"

you can see both old and new logo in comparison here [2].

Please vote to approve this new logo:

  [ ] +1 Approve the new logo
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't approve, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

if it passes i will apply the PR to add it to the web console branding and Launchpad content, and update the sling site as well. (not sure if there are more places).
bertrand also recommended we should add a credit for chris on the sling website (perhaps on the project team page?).

stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2696
[2] https://github.com/apache/sling/pull/214/files#diff-eed4e49f44ced4ed139f3556e4b641c0

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Konrad Windszus
+1

> On 10. May 2017, at 16:22, Stefan Seifert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> since 2012 we try to update our sling logo because we are required to include a "TM" in it (see [1]).
>
> a few weeks ago chris millar contributed a new sling logo with these changes:
> 1. It uses the new Apache feather
> 2. The shoulder of the G matches the width of the upper horizontal rule
> 3. The curves of the lower left corner have been smoothed and matched to the feather and the S.
> 4. The lower loop of the G has been smoothed out.
> 5. added "TM"
>
> you can see both old and new logo in comparison here [2].
>
> Please vote to approve this new logo:
>
>  [ ] +1 Approve the new logo
>  [ ]  0 Don't care
>  [ ] -1 Don't approve, because ...
>
> This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> if it passes i will apply the PR to add it to the web console branding and Launchpad content, and update the sling site as well. (not sure if there are more places).
> bertrand also recommended we should add a credit for chris on the sling website (perhaps on the project team page?).
>
> stefan
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2696
> [2] https://github.com/apache/sling/pull/214/files#diff-eed4e49f44ced4ed139f3556e4b641c0

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

klcodanr
+1

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Konrad Windszus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
> > On 10. May 2017, at 16:22, Stefan Seifert <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > since 2012 we try to update our sling logo because we are required to
> include a "TM" in it (see [1]).
> >
> > a few weeks ago chris millar contributed a new sling logo with these
> changes:
> > 1. It uses the new Apache feather
> > 2. The shoulder of the G matches the width of the upper horizontal rule
> > 3. The curves of the lower left corner have been smoothed and matched to
> the feather and the S.
> > 4. The lower loop of the G has been smoothed out.
> > 5. added "TM"
> >
> > you can see both old and new logo in comparison here [2].
> >
> > Please vote to approve this new logo:
> >
> >  [ ] +1 Approve the new logo
> >  [ ]  0 Don't care
> >  [ ] -1 Don't approve, because ...
> >
> > This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > if it passes i will apply the PR to add it to the web console branding
> and Launchpad content, and update the sling site as well. (not sure if
> there are more places).
> > bertrand also recommended we should add a credit for chris on the sling
> website (perhaps on the project team page?).
> >
> > stefan
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2696
> > [2] https://github.com/apache/sling/pull/214/files#diff-
> eed4e49f44ced4ed139f3556e4b641c0

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Antonio Sanso-2
+1
On May 10, 2017, at 4:22 PM, Stefan Seifert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> since 2012 we try to update our sling logo because we are required to include a "TM" in it (see [1]).
>
> a few weeks ago chris millar contributed a new sling logo with these changes:
> 1. It uses the new Apache feather
> 2. The shoulder of the G matches the width of the upper horizontal rule
> 3. The curves of the lower left corner have been smoothed and matched to the feather and the S.
> 4. The lower loop of the G has been smoothed out.
> 5. added "TM"
>
> you can see both old and new logo in comparison here [2].
>
> Please vote to approve this new logo:
>
>  [ ] +1 Approve the new logo
>  [ ]  0 Don't care
>  [ ] -1 Don't approve, because ...
>
> This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> if it passes i will apply the PR to add it to the web console branding and Launchpad content, and update the sling site as well. (not sure if there are more places).
> bertrand also recommended we should add a credit for chris on the sling website (perhaps on the project team page?).
>
> stefan
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2696
> [2] https://github.com/apache/sling/pull/214/files#diff-eed4e49f44ced4ed139f3556e4b641c0

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Radu Cotescu-3
+1

On Wed, 10 May 2017 at 16:23 Stefan Seifert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote to approve this new logo:
>
>   [ ] +1 Approve the new logo
>   [ ]  0 Don't care
>   [ ] -1 Don't approve, because ...
>
> This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

RE: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Stefan Seifert
+1

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

justzzzz
+1

Thanks Chris!!!

On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 14:22 +0000, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> Please vote to approve this new logo:

+1

(And yay for consensus on something UI-related :-) )

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Karl Pauls
+1

regards,

Karl

On Thursday, May 11, 2017, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 14:22 +0000, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> > Please vote to approve this new logo:
>
> +1
>
> (And yay for consensus on something UI-related :-) )

Karl Pauls

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Julian Sedding-3
+1

Regards
Julian

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Stefan Seifert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ..Please vote to approve this new logo..

+1, thank you Chris!

> ...bertrand also recommended we should add a credit for chris on the sling website (perhaps on the project team page?)...

Sounds good to me, I suggest a "special thanks" section at the
beginning of http://sling.apache.org/project-information/project-team.html

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

chrismillar
@rombert

Thanks for leveling my expectations on the launchpad home page redesign I'm about to submit.

> On May 11, 2017, at 12:50 AM, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 14:22 +0000, Stefan Seifert wrote:
>> Please vote to approve this new logo:
>
> +1
>
> (And yay for consensus on something UI-related :-) )

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Chris Millar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...Thanks for leveling my expectations on the launchpad home page redesign I'm about to submit...

As long as the stylesheet is named bikeshedding.css it should be fine.

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Perhaps you should add in a stray <marquee> or <blink> tag, just in
case someone (like me) feels the need to make their mark and ask for a
change ;-)

But other than that looking forward to the redesign.

Robert

On Thu, 2017-05-11 at 09:01 -0600, Chris Millar wrote:

> @rombert
>
> Thanks for leveling my expectations on the launchpad home page
> redesign I'm about to submit.
>
> > On May 11, 2017, at 12:50 AM, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 14:22 +0000, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> > > Please vote to approve this new logo:
> >
> > +1
> >
> > (And yay for consensus on something UI-related :-) )
> >
> > Robert

Re: [VOTE] new apache sling logo (provided by chris millar)

Suren Konathala
+1