broken documentation URLs returned by google

broken documentation URLs returned by google

Henry Saginor
I am not sure if anyone else has reported this. But some sling documentation URLs return 500 errors. See some examples bellow.

http://sling.apache.org/site/maven-archetypes.html
http://sling.apache.org/site/output-rewriting-pipelines-orgapacheslingrewriter.html
http://sling.apache.org/site/rewriting-the-output-through-pipelines.html

These are all returned by google. This http://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/output-rewriting-pipelines-org-apache-sling-rewriter.html works fine for example.
But if you goole any common sling term like “sling rewriter” you might get broken URLs.

Re: broken documentation URLs returned by google

Yogesh Upadhyay
Yes. I saw that today as well. Most of the link are referred from original sling doc.

Yogesh
On Jan 7, 2015, at 4:15 PM, Henry Saginor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am not sure if anyone else has reported this. But some sling documentation URLs return 500 errors. See some examples bellow.
>
> http://sling.apache.org/site/maven-archetypes.html
> http://sling.apache.org/site/output-rewriting-pipelines-orgapacheslingrewriter.html
> http://sling.apache.org/site/rewriting-the-output-through-pipelines.html
>
> These are all returned by google. This http://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/output-rewriting-pipelines-org-apache-sling-rewriter.html works fine for example.
> But if you goole any common sling term like “sling rewriter” you might get broken URLs.

Re: broken documentation URLs returned by google

Strange, this seems to gave been a temporary issue. At first, I could reproduce, but now I get all these pages back …

> Am 08.01.2015 um 02:20 schrieb Yogesh Upadhyay <[hidden email]>:
>
> Yes. I saw that today as well. Most of the link are referred from original sling doc.
>
> Yogesh
> On Jan 7, 2015, at 4:15 PM, Henry Saginor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am not sure if anyone else has reported this. But some sling documentation URLs return 500 errors. See some examples bellow.
>>
>> http://sling.apache.org/site/maven-archetypes.html
>> http://sling.apache.org/site/output-rewriting-pipelines-orgapacheslingrewriter.html
>> http://sling.apache.org/site/rewriting-the-output-through-pipelines.html
>>
>> These are all returned by google. This http://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/output-rewriting-pipelines-org-apache-sling-rewriter.html works fine for example.
>> But if you goole any common sling term like “sling rewriter” you might get broken URLs.

Re: broken documentation URLs returned by google

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Thursday, January 8, 2015, Felix Meschberger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...this seems to gave been a temporary issue. At first, I could
reproduce, but now
> I get all these pages back …

Testing with curl to avoid caching effects I see about 30% of the requests
failing. I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8995

broken documentation URLs returned by google

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Thursday, January 8, 2015, Bertrand Delacretaz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> ...I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8995 ...

Turns out this was a syntax error in site/.htaccess - fixed by Dan in
revision 1650202, thanks!

Re: broken documentation URLs returned by google

Carsten Ziegeler
Am 08.01.15 um 11:48 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> On Thursday, January 8, 2015, Bertrand Delacretaz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> ...I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8995 ...
>>

> Turns out this was a syntax error in site/.htaccess - fixed by Dan in
> revision 1650202, thanks!

Interesting, I've updated the site after that (at least I thought so)
and that didn't update the .htaccess file
Or I did something totally wrong...

Anyways, I also sorted the entries in the .htaccess file

Re: broken documentation URLs returned by google

Daniel Klco-2
The change I made seemed to fix the error in sling.staging.apache.org, but
it was inconsistent on the production website.  It seems to be working now,
but it's probably worth following up with infrastructure to ensure there's
not some other issue.

Regards,
Dan