bundle deployment

vkrejcirik
Hi,
I have 2 questions:

1) I made bundle for Apache Sling with initial content. If I install
this bundle everything is ok, I see this content on
localhost:8080/mypage.html.
But I stop this bundle, I still see this page...  (If I uninstall this
bundle, I have the same problem).

2) It's possible edit esp file in my bundle over WebDav? If I connect to
http://localhost:8080/dav/default and I try edit some esp file from my
content, it seems that this file is empty. It seems, that  communication
between windows and  webdav is wrong or perrmission are wrong...

Do you have any idea? thank you very much

--
/**************************************/
Best regards / S pozdravem

http://www.vkrejcirik.info

Re: bundle deployment

gertv
Vladislav,

I'm not even sure stopping the bundle is supposed to delete the contents
from the repository.  Just to give you an example: in our bundle, we
create a /content/servicemix/exchanges node.  You don't want to delete
that one if the bundle is uninstalled because this would delete the
entire message archive from the repository.  This would have catastrofic
consequences when updating a bundle through uninstall - update - install.

For the webdav connection: did you have to specify a user name and
password?  If not, you might want to try again with
http://admin@localhost:8080/dav/default or
http://admin:admin@localhost:8080/dav/default.  If this still doesn't
work, try contacting the sling-dev list.  It should work and they should
be able to help you with this.   Just mention the fact that you're doing
the servicemix-sling integration stuff, they're even more eager to help
a fellow oss developer.

Regards,

Gert

vkrejcirik wrote:

> Hi,
> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) I made bundle for Apache Sling with initial content. If I install
> this bundle everything is ok, I see this content on
> localhost:8080/mypage.html.
> But I stop this bundle, I still see this page...  (If I uninstall this
> bundle, I have the same problem).
>
> 2) It's possible edit esp file in my bundle over WebDav? If I connect
> to http://localhost:8080/dav/default and I try edit some esp file from
> my content, it seems that this file is empty. It seems, that
> communication between windows and  webdav is wrong or perrmission are
> wrong...
>
> Do you have any idea? thank you very much

Re: bundle deployment

vkrejcirik
1) ok, it's logical.

2) I tried it with http://admin@localhost:8080/dav/default and
http://admin:admin@localhost:8080/dav/default. I saw folders and files,
but if I want edit some esp file, it's empty...

/**************************************/
Best regards / S pozdravem
Vladislav Krejčiřík

http://www.vkrejcirik.info

Gert Vanthienen schrieb:
> Vladislav,
>
> I'm not even sure stopping the bundle is supposed to delete the contents
> from the repository.  Just to give you an example: in our bundle, we
> create a /content/servicemix/exchanges node.  You don't want to delete
> that one if the bundle is uninstalled because this would delete the
> entire message archive from the repository.  This would have catastrofic
> consequences when updating a bundle through uninstall - update - install.

Correct.

Actually, in the meantime we have added functionality to the initial
content loader, which allows uninstalling initial content should a
bundle be uninstalled (yes, this may be usefull in some situations).

Please refer to [1] for more information. If this does not help you,
place come back, so that we can clarify any remaing open questions. Thanks.

> For the webdav connection: did you have to specify a user name and
> password?  If not, you might want to try again with
> http://admin@localhost:8080/dav/default or
> http://admin:admin@localhost:8080/dav/default.  If this still doesn't
> work, try contacting the sling-dev list.  It should work and they should
> be able to help you with this.   Just mention the fact that you're doing
> the servicemix-sling integration stuff, they're even more eager to help
> a fellow oss developer.

Looking at the initial request, it may also be that the Vladislav's text
editor does not support webdav using URLs ? In this case I would suggest
to use a tool which allows setting drive letters on WebDAV such as
WebDrive ...

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/content-loading.html

> Regards,
>
> Gert
>
> vkrejcirik wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have 2 questions:
>>
>> 1) I made bundle for Apache Sling with initial content. If I install
>> this bundle everything is ok, I see this content on
>> localhost:8080/mypage.html.
>> But I stop this bundle, I still see this page...  (If I uninstall this
>> bundle, I have the same problem).
>>
>> 2) It's possible edit esp file in my bundle over WebDav? If I connect
>> to http://localhost:8080/dav/default and I try edit some esp file from
>> my content, it seems that this file is empty. It seems, that
>> communication between windows and  webdav is wrong or perrmission are
>> wrong...
>>
>> Do you have any idea? thank you very much

Re: bundle deployment

vkrejcirik

So, how I can uninstall initial content? I reinstalled my bundle and
initial content is still there.

/**************************************/
Best regards / S pozdravem
Vladislav Krejčiřík

http://www.vkrejcirik.info

Felix Meschberger napsal(a):

> Hi,
>
> Gert Vanthienen schrieb:
>> Vladislav,
>>
>> I'm not even sure stopping the bundle is supposed to delete the
>> contents from the repository.  Just to give you an example: in our
>> bundle, we create a /content/servicemix/exchanges node.  You don't
>> want to delete that one if the bundle is uninstalled because this
>> would delete the entire message archive from the repository.  This
>> would have catastrofic consequences when updating a bundle through
>> uninstall - update - install.
>
> Correct.
>
> Actually, in the meantime we have added functionality to the initial
> content loader, which allows uninstalling initial content should a
> bundle be uninstalled (yes, this may be usefull in some situations).
>
> Please refer to [1] for more information. If this does not help you,
> place come back, so that we can clarify any remaing open questions.
> Thanks.
>

>> For the webdav connection: did you have to specify a user name and
>> password?  If not, you might want to try again with
>> http://admin@localhost:8080/dav/default or
>> http://admin:admin@localhost:8080/dav/default.  If this still doesn't
>> work, try contacting the sling-dev list.  It should work and they
>> should be able to help you with this.   Just mention the fact that
>> you're doing the servicemix-sling integration stuff, they're even
>> more eager to help a fellow oss developer.
>
> Looking at the initial request, it may also be that the Vladislav's
> text editor does not support webdav using URLs ? In this case I would
> suggest to use a tool which allows setting drive letters on WebDAV
> such as WebDrive ...
>
> Regards
> Felix
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/content-loading.html
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Gert
>>
>> vkrejcirik wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have 2 questions:
>>>
>>> 1) I made bundle for Apache Sling with initial content. If I install
>>> this bundle everything is ok, I see this content on
>>> localhost:8080/mypage.html.
>>> But I stop this bundle, I still see this page...  (If I uninstall
>>> this bundle, I have the same problem).
>>>
>>> 2) It's possible edit esp file in my bundle over WebDav? If I
>>> connect to http://localhost:8080/dav/default and I try edit some esp
>>> file from my content, it seems that this file is empty. It seems,
>>> that  communication between windows and  webdav is wrong or
>>> perrmission are wrong...
>>>
>>> Do you have any idea? thank you very much

Re: bundle deployment

Felix Meschberger-2
Hi Vladislav,

You may of course manually uninstall your initial content from the
repository at any time. E.g. by using WebDAV in the explorer and deleting.

There is also a marker for the installed initial content in the
repository at /var/sling/bundle-content/<bundle-symbolic-name> which
contains loading information. You may want to delete the respective node
of your bundle (if not done automatically upon uninstallation of the
bundle).

This status information is to support the update (and AFAIK the
uninstallation) support for initial content.

To have the initial content automatically uninstalled when you uninstall
your bundle you may declare it as follows:

    Sling-Initial-Content: SLING-INF/content/toremove;uninstall:=true

If on the other hand you would want your content to be (a) updated when
the bundle is updated and (b) removed when the bundle is uninstalled,
you might do (in maven-bundle-plugin configuration speak) :

       <Sling-Initial-Content>
           SLING-INF/content/toremove;overwrite:=true;uninstall:=true
       </Sling-Initial-Content>

Hope this helps.

vkrejcirik schrieb:

> So, how I can uninstall initial content? I reinstalled my bundle and
> initial content is still there.
>
> /**************************************/
> Best regards / S pozdravem
> Vladislav Krejčiřík
>
> http://www.vkrejcirik.info
>

> Felix Meschberger napsal(a):
>> Hi,
>>
>> Gert Vanthienen schrieb:
>>> Vladislav,
>>>
>>> I'm not even sure stopping the bundle is supposed to delete the
>>> contents from the repository.  Just to give you an example: in our
>>> bundle, we create a /content/servicemix/exchanges node.  You don't
>>> want to delete that one if the bundle is uninstalled because this
>>> would delete the entire message archive from the repository.  This
>>> would have catastrofic consequences when updating a bundle through
>>> uninstall - update - install.
>>
>> Correct.
>>
>> Actually, in the meantime we have added functionality to the initial
>> content loader, which allows uninstalling initial content should a
>> bundle be uninstalled (yes, this may be usefull in some situations).
>>
>> Please refer to [1] for more information. If this does not help you,
>> place come back, so that we can clarify any remaing open questions.
>> Thanks.
>>

>>> For the webdav connection: did you have to specify a user name and
>>> password?  If not, you might want to try again with
>>> http://admin@localhost:8080/dav/default or
>>> http://admin:admin@localhost:8080/dav/default.  If this still doesn't
>>> work, try contacting the sling-dev list.  It should work and they
>>> should be able to help you with this.   Just mention the fact that
>>> you're doing the servicemix-sling integration stuff, they're even
>>> more eager to help a fellow oss developer.
>>
>> Looking at the initial request, it may also be that the Vladislav's
>> text editor does not support webdav using URLs ? In this case I would
>> suggest to use a tool which allows setting drive letters on WebDAV
>> such as WebDrive ...
>>
>> Regards
>> Felix
>>
>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/content-loading.html
>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Gert

Re: bundle deployment

vkrejcirik
2) It works with WebDrive, but it's only shareware. Can you recommand me
any free software please?

Best regards / S pozdravem
Vladislav Krejčiřík

http://www.vkrejcirik.info