stopping a running sling-9 instance

Ruben Reusser
Hi!

[1] indicates a user can stop a running sling instance by using

java -jar sling-9.jar stop

If I try this, I am getting an error that the control port is not
defined. Looking further into this issues I noticed that the
/conf/controlport file is not written while starting up sling. I then
tried running sling-9 with the -j option. The log indicates that the
control port is set to the port I specified, however the
/conf/controlport is still not created.

I then tried shutting down sling with java -jar sling-9.jar stop -j
<mycontrolport> but it seems the control port can not be passed on the
command line for the stop command.

Was this feature removed or is this a defect?

thanks

Ruben

Re: stopping a running sling-9 instance

Robert Munteanu-2
Hi Ruben,

On Tue, 2017-08-15 at 07:32 -0700, Ruben Reusser wrote:
> Hi!
>
> [1] indicates a user can stop a running sling instance by using

Which link is [1]?

> java -jar sling-9.jar stop

I don't see this working for any Sling 7, 8, 9 or 10-SNAPSHOT, but feel
free to file a Jira ticket for it.

Patches would surely help expedite this ;-)

Re: stopping a running sling-9 instance

Ruben Reusser
sorry, forgot to add the link. will report a JIRA issue

[1]
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/the-sling-engine/the-sling-launchpad.html#command-line-options

On 2017-08-17 04:57, Robert Munteanu <[hidden email]> wrote:
 > Hi Ruben,>
 >
 > On Tue, 2017-08-15 at 07:32 -0700, Ruben Reusser wrote:>
 > > Hi!>
 > > >
 > > [1] indicates a user can stop a running sling instance by using>
 >
 > Which link is [1]?>
 >
 > > >
 > > java -jar sling-9.jar stop>
 >
 > I don't see this working for any Sling 7, 8, 9 or 10-SNAPSHOT, but feel>
 > free to file a Jira ticket for it.>
 >
 > Patches would surely help expedite this ;-)>
 >
 > Thanks,>
 >
 > Robert>

Re: stopping a running sling-9 instance

Ruben Reusser
logged a jira issue at [1] - turns out sling has to be started with

java -jar sling-9.jar start

for the control file to be written

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7058